Monday, February 28, 2011

Music to my ears

For many months now, except being able to say mama and dad, Matt has been saying the ends of words, for example "eep" for sheep and "ook" for book. But last week he uttered his first full word with a consonant in the beginning and a differnet consonant in the middle!!!! In the video you can see he is telling his brain what it needs to do to help his mouth make the all the sounds.


Since then Matt has been practicing this word over and over. I hear him saying it to himself when he is playing. A week later he is now getting more confident in puttiing the s in front of other words. He can now say see and sun. He struggles a bit with combinations but says sar for star, side for slide, sing for swing, and seep for sleep. I love hearing his melodic voice as he says his words - it is music to my ears.

7 comments:

Nicky said...

Excellent Mattie...never thought I'd enjoy hearing the word "supper" more than actually eating it :)

Cindy said...

Wow Jacqui! He speaks so well! I know you've mentioned he only says the ends of words, but I understood so many words in that short clip! Way to go Matt!

Sysser said...

Wow .. this certainly is music to my ears as well ♥ Well done Matt ♥

Anonymous said...

I saw some very interesting posts here. You are very enthusiastic about blogging. I started blogging sometime ago. I look forward to a very nice blogging experience here. It was a pleasure to meet you. I’ll follow you now. Bye!

Christine said...

Oh my gosh Jacqui!!!!! I'm jumping for joy over here! Are you not just standing beside yourself?? Matt is speaking so well... I'm so proud of him.
Thanks for sharing this VERY exciting news. Can't wait to here more of Matt's beautiful voice.

Anonymous said...

Aww this is amazing. So happy for you. good job Matt

The Peacock Family said...

He is so cute! You could hear him clear as day! He has such a cute little voice.