Thursday, December 18, 2008

Your comments are so precious to me

Thank you to all of you who comment on my posts and share with your thoughts. I appreciate each and every one of them. Often they have been a real encouragement to me during tough times.
Following my previous post I was particularly touched by the words of a mother who is a bit further down this RTS road than I am. Her name is Terri and she too has a blog (I highly recommend you check it out if you haven't already)
I don't know how many of you read the comments made by others, so I thought I would put Terri's words here as they are worth reading and sharing:
"I have a lump in my throat for you because I can remember the fleeting beginnings of those feelings a long time ago. But I have not been visited by them in a long time.
As others have said, Matt isn't normal. If he were normal, he would be centered on himself and not engaging with others at every opportunity - which is beautiful. Like Addie and Natalie and Caden and many others, he reaches out in sweeping simple ways, ways that make people feel special themselves, feel like they deserve the focus they are getting. Over the years, so many people have confided in me that Addie and themselves have a special sort of relationship and they they really seem to "get" each other. I do not tell them that she makes everyone feel like that. I leave the fact that that is one of our highest ranked prides in our sweet daughter unsaid. Interestingly, it doesn't so much draw attention just to Addie herself, but to our humanity, to what is really the basis of our connection with each other. It teaches people about who they themselves are, reminds them of their worthiness. Matt is giving people a great gift. The fear is just a hurdle for you. You'll jump it when you can and never look back until you read a blog post like this one by a young mother one day..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true. I must admit that although my "normal" children provide me with much joy and pleasure - I have not once felt a connection with anyone as I had with Nathan. It is as though they can see into your soul and can whisper "Shh, won't tell anyone how vulnerable you are" with their eyes. Maybe that is why they are like angels...