Saturday, September 1, 2007

Love

The Bible says that if we have not LOVE then we are nothing

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing." 1 Corinthians 13: 1-7

nothing
nothing
We are nothing without love

It does not say if we learn to crawl long after most children crawl we are nothing
It does not say if we struggle to learn how to speak we are nothing
It does not say if we grow up dependent on others we are nothing

No it says if we have not LOVE then we are nothing

This is helping us to free ourselves from worrying about Matt's development.
Rather, our goal is to let Matthew know he is LOVED
And to help him unlock the deep well of LOVE that God has placed in his heart...

For then he will have LOVE and he will be something

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matthew
This is the coooooolest blog we have ever seen!!

With such caring and LOVING parents you have NOTHING to worry about.

Look forward to seeing you again oneday.

God bless
Rob, Liz and David