Sunday, October 6, 2013

Matt ice skates

So in my last post I wrote about how Matt was included into a birthday party through the mother of the birthday girl being open to having a variety of activities allowing for Matt to participate.

I had been concerned that Matt would not be able to participate in ice-skating activity of the party. But let me report to you that not only did Matt ask me if he could try to ice-skate, but he willingly wore those strange, heavy, wobbly ice-skates AND waddled over to the mini ice-rink AND stepped onto the ice. There he held to the side, very conscious that he was unstable. But didn't flee. He slowly got to know the ice and realised he could slide forwards and backwards whilst holding to the side. And that's what he did. And that's what he enjoyed. I was so proud of his courage to try something so new!

No comments: