Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A growing RTS family in South Africa

I have just come back from a lovely morning with two RTS sisters - Nicky and her little cutie Samuel (check out her blog if you haven't already) and the newest to our RTS family Tamsin - her daughter Payton is still in hospital and is not yet two weeks old. Payton has a problem with her heart and they are considering surgery.

We met at Tamsin's family home just before she was heading off to the hospital for the day. I love these ladies like they are my own sisters, even though we hardly know each other. Matt was a little subdued during our time with them, but I know he was able to show them that their future is not all doom and gloom, rather a hopeful place.

Please pray for God's strength for Tamsin and His protection and healing for Payton.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

How wonderful you were able to meet and encourage these sisters! I remember that meeting another RTS mom was the most encouraging thing that happened those first few months.

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have them so close. That is a beautiful thing. Hugs sent to Payton and her family.

Christine said...

How wonderful Jacqui, It's so important to be connected with others walking the same journey. I love blogging because it keeps me connected. It will be a friendship you cherish for life. Payton and her family are in my prayers.